Discuss Madness! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

London Luke

Visited a friend today who has screwed up a bit . He paid Cash to some "polish" guys to refit his bathroom.

£3k cash for 2 guys for 6 days. £2k's worth of materials on top.
why my friend asked for 2 x dimmers to be placed inside the bathroom i do not know. But the workers decided they would do what he asked for.

trouble is he might want to sell soon......
And i reccon as this refit is so obviously new he will have a issue with the illegal switches. And to make matters worse the tiles on the walls cost £1700.00 and they have been cut to accept the back boxes etc. So to rewire the switches will cost a fortune

Lets not even discuss the hidden toilet system and bath pipes etc having no access at all due to the tiles been fixed !

Hi Luke, I've seen this so much now around the poish areas in london. Lots of the guys are coming over with very little or no experience, installing kitchens and bathrooms. People are now learning not to use east europeans anymore because of this. I have been round to fix the bugger ups these guys have done.

Having said that, there are some awesome chippies and builders from eastern europe, but who do you trust?

Last edited by a moderator:
One way round it would be to remove dimmer switches and replace with ordinary switches. Locate feed, install a transformer, 12v or 24v to feed switch, install contactor with 12v or 24v coil feed, then on to light fittings.

Not ideal, but saves demolishing the new bathroom.

Reply to Madness! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I do have another account on here which I would imagine is not allowed by admins - this account will...
Replies
Views
Next door neighbour .Single mother 2 young kids . Been there 6-7 years .landlady is super reluctant to ever communicate no matter what the issue ...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock