CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Magic eye info in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickys86

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Wondered if someone could help me out, customer I do some work for has asked if I can run hd cables from the corner of the room to the tv that's going to be on the wall (5m). They want to be able to connect the blu-ray and sky box to the tv and keep them hidden away.

My question is how does the magic eye work in all this? I'm fairly sure I need to run coax for the magic eye for the sky but how does the bluray connect into the equation?

Please ask Any info you may need that I haven't put here
Many thanks
Michael

Aico 3000 Range

rmc86uk

-
Arms
You can buy infra red receivers that control any IR device. I asked the same question a bit back but in the end only Sky box is controlled via Magic eye and not any other devices.

darkwood

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yes agree their is a coax output from the back of the sky box that sends a voltage down the coax to plug in unit that fits in your coax socket on the remote tv.... this unit has a fly lead with an infra red receiver on it to pick up the remote control. This sky coax output requires switching on from within the sky service operators settings.

Reply to Magic eye info in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom