Discuss Main bond to rubber incoming water pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cmgeo

-
Reaction score
Had DB changed a couple of years back in my house that I was renting that I now live in. I was out of the country at the time. No certs were handed over and I am unable to get in contact with the guy that my parents got to do the work. I am in the process of selling the house.
The 6mm bond to gas was changed to 10mm but the 6mm to water was left with no new 10mm installed.
As title suggests the incoming water is rubber pipe. The 6mm is terminated to the copper pipe after the stopcock.
Is this acceptable? Or should the 6mm be changed for 10mm?
I would like to get a EICR done before the sale but would this get flagged up?

The certification and lack of part P notification are likely to be picked up by the buyers solicitors .....

Best you pursue the installer for the paperwork...

If the original installer is truely unavailable then the chances of getting the completion certificate are minimal. Probably best to get a electrical condition report done and see what it flags up

The rubber (plastic ) pipe does not require to be bonded to earth. There is a test to prove this for conformation.
The lack of certification could be a problem, but like all problems, can be overcome . In this instance , normally by a EICR. Any remedial work would then have to be addressed.
It would appear the electrician who ran a 10 mm to your gas , knew what he was doing so chances are , everything else will be as it should.
Good luck.

I really don't get this stuff about solicitors getting involved when there is a lack of part "P" and/or certificates. It might be different in other places, but I am pretty sure that it is mostly a sellers market, and likely to stay that way. If there is anything missing or wrong and the buyer flags it up, the seller just turns round and says "look mate do you want this house or not?" I have never heard of a house sale going through because of a missing electrical certificate?

I've had a market valuation done recently, and the estate agent said it's currently a buyers market!

I've yet to go through with the selling process, can't wait, but we've seen on this forum various threads with people having had work done, but no or missing certs/compliance certs, and causing issues with the selling process

I myself have been contacted by a couple of old customers, who were after replacement certs/compliance certs, required for their sale. In these cases, it was obvious works, like new kitchens, bathrooms or replacement CU's.

So like it or not, it happens.

I really don't get this stuff about solicitors getting involved when there is a lack of part "P" and/or certificates. It might be different in other places, but I am pretty sure that it is mostly a sellers market, and likely to stay that way. If there is anything missing or wrong and the buyer flags it up, the seller just turns round and says "look mate do you want this house or not?" I have never heard of a house sale going through because of a missing electrical certificate?
The last place I bought was in 2004, easy process at the time redeveloped it and sold it this year in March, my God the changes in the paper work was unbelievable and the questions the buyers solicitors where asking was a nightmare (I assume to cover their backs and justify their fees) you need to play the game and to be honest at this moment it is a buyers market and not a sellers one due to stamp duty, mortgage interest rises etc etc

Reply to Main bond to rubber incoming water pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net