Discuss main electrical training watford in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kduck

has anyone been on Main Electrical training course in watford, im looking at going on it at a cost of £4500 including vat, there is one other course im looking at is at Access Training Wales has any got any prices for them, there course is shorter and does not do the pat testing from what i can see. can anyone recommend a good course for a beginner.

Just paid them a visit, looked good if basic. Thinking of using them, anyone been on one of their courses?

Cheers
Bob

I have been the Main electrical course, I would if I where you look somewhere else you said it was Basic this is the theme though out and run on a shoe string.

I'll pop my 2 pence in for Access Training. Just finished my first of 4 weeks there and pretty impressed. !st week a bit heavy going with a lot of theory and facilities were nice and new.

And before anyone asks I don't work for them or get commission- just a happy customer. PM me if you want any more details or a chat.

I did the full course with them but started on the week 2 because i had done the basic all ready.Good bits very relaxed atmosphere easy going tutor, bad bits course manuals are out of date, not giving you all the books youi need, all the pratical work was hard to do because of lack of equipment that was in working order.
Looking back i would of been better paying £3000 to work with a electrician i would of learned so much more and take my exams on their own.

Many thanks for this, you have made me think twice about going with them.

I'm having at look at access2tradecareers on Thursday, I'll let you know what I find.

cheers
Bob

Well, paid a visit to Access2TradeCareers in Hartlebury Worcestershire, the place is brand new and very big, but almost empty, very few people around.

It's in a start-up phase, so still not sure about them.

On Wednesday I'm paying Access Training in Cardiff a visit, see what their like.

regards
Bob

Hi There, I'm based in Brighton, but am/was thinking of going to Main Electrical as I have friends I can stay with in Watford

I spoke to a VERY talkative lady from there the other day (hard to get a question in) but she said...

17th 2382 C&G
PAT Testing
EAL Level 2
Part P assessment

were £3300 including VAT all books etc then

C&G 2391-10 and C&G 2392-10

were £1200

This seems a lot cheaper than many other courses, but I'd love to know more about what wasn't provided, broken or out of date so I can challenge them before I sign up. Or if anyone knows of a good competitive course in or near Sussex.

Thanks

F

It depends what you want to do mate.Domestic,Commercial or Industrial.A lot of the courses you put down are mainly domestic.£4500 is a lot of money to spend at the mo.These companies are like processing plants,take your money and get you thru quick enough ready for the next lot.
Not trying to put you off mate,far from it,have you looked at college courses:)

Just finished my first week at Access Training in Cardiff and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Learnt loads, looking forward to doing week 2.

It depends what you want to do mate.Domestic,Commercial or Industrial.A lot of the courses you put down are mainly domestic.£4500 is a lot of money to spend at the mo.These companies are like processing plants,take your money and get you thru quick enough ready for the next lot.
Not trying to put you off mate,far from it,have you looked at college courses:)

I guess I'm thinking of starting freelance and domestic, their are a lot of old buildings in Brighton and a lot of people extending / upgrading as they can't move. As I'm 32 it's unlikely that I'd be taken on as a mate and rules out collage, besides, I don't have 2 or 3 years to spare!

I currently work freelance as a Sound Recordist and do a lot of soldering and repair work on my own kit, so have a good grasp of electronics and toolmanship, let alone having to think fast and logically to resolve issues. I was thinking beyond the basics that Home HiFi A/V installs could be an area I already understand and I have a few commercial lighting manufacture contacts... I'm happy to go where the work is, if it's interesting!

I have been the Main electrical course, I would if I where you look somewhere else you said it was Basic this is the theme though out and run on a shoe string.

Since Jan 2009 there has been major investment in Main Electrical Training with new training bays built, massive amounts spent on equipment and plenty of tools readily available. The changes are immense with a fantastic Tutor who goes the extra mile to help. They're also offering 20 hours of online electrician training videos and later this year are changing the manuals to incorporate e-learning using the same platform as the Open University. They're also are talking about producing their own videos for electrician installation and testing. They also now have a smaller center in the Midlands.

[edit] THIS FEEDBACK HAS BEEN LEFT BY NIGEL, THE MD OF THE TRAINING CENTRE, AND NOT A PREVIOUS DELEGATE AS IT COULD BE READ.

I would be very interested if anyone has done a course with this company in the past couple of years?
What was the quality of training like?
What did you do and how long did it take?

Cheers

Widdler

Got a letter informing me that Main Electrical Training has gone bust.
Anyone know of a training company in London? I was ment to be doing my 2392-10 exam next week.

DW, if you are on here, please contact me.

Patrick

Got a letter informing me that Main Electrical Training has gone bust.
Anyone know of a training company in London? I was ment to be doing my 2392-10 exam next week.

DW, if you are on here, please contact me.

Patrick

Hello Patrick, it's me. (Can't you tell from my avatar, sheesh). I hope you received the letter over the weekend and didn't turn up at the centre this morning.
I've received your email mate and don't worry, we'll get it sorted. There have been further developments today regarding Main, but it's too early to tell if anything is concrete.
As soon as I have enough info to guarantee the information I can give then I will get back to you (might take a couple of days). If things don't develop then Ascot will be more than happy to accommodate you, no problem there.

Regards

David

and oh, welcome to the forums.

:welcome2:

Last edited:

Reply to main electrical training watford in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock