Discuss Main Fuse Confused ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waitees

Hi just writing a cert and got to the main fuse.

The main fuse has written on it isco, series 3 ?

but does not say which type or its short circuit capacity, anyone any ideas ?

also got my assesment tomo.

Im sound with testing, just maybe with if he throws me with a problem question, if i take a r1 & r2 plus my ze = zs, and then i do a live direct zs test and get two different answer what could potentially be the problem ?

thanks for all the support in the past questions !;)

Im sound with testing, just maybe with if he throws me with a problem question, if i take a r1 & r2 plus my ze = zs, and then i do a live direct zs test and get two different answer what could potentially be the problem ?

thanks for all the support in the past questions !;)

If you calculate your Zs by adding R1 + R2 to Ze you will probably get a higher figure than if you measure the Zs directly.
This is because you introduce parallel earth paths when measuring Zs live.
ie all bonding in place.

As above put 16.5 in and when it comes to the fuse put either lim or 60/80 that way you are telling people you have not broken the seal and looked at the main fuse;)

Hope that helps and good luck tomorrow let us know how you got on.

Chris

Reply to Main Fuse Confused ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've just picked one of these up on a famous auction site. The voltages, low and high resistance ranges all appear to be working fine but it's not...
Replies
Views
About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock