Discuss main fuse not a bs 1361 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davino

hi can someone tell me what fuse this is please. is it a bs88? thanks

Attachments

• 20131126_111805.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 41
is sarcasm really needed here, isnt this meant to be a helpful place. what "carrier" then or whatever. etc.
thanks

Sorry for the sarcasm.

Here we go I shall spell it out for you. How can we tell when we can not even see the fuse?

What you have there fella is a picture of the fuse enclosure. The actual fuse & carrier will be inside it.

wouldn't be surprised if its an old 3036 rewrieable!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, thanks Spinks.

Sorry for the way ive posted, my mistake here putting that as the post description.. ive just bought the property and what I am looking at is there is 2 wired fuses inside line and neutral . its not a bs 1361 what i have seen before. do you know what i mean?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Merl. thank you very much for the decent reply. no sarcastic waste of time.

ok thanks. whats the deal with these then is it dangerous with a neutral

Yes a fused neutral is very dangerous and should be changed ASAP.

Also sorry for a sarcastic replies, didnt realise you were not a spark.

You shouldn't go anywhere near that enclosure, it belongs to the DNO and it's an offense to tamper with it. It's also cast iron and can't be isolated (made dead) so there's a risk of contact if you move the lid. Finally there may be asbestos pads which shouldn't be disturbed. If the fuse blows you should get the DNO to replace it.

Thanks everyone!.

top dog pic there as well Marvo, got a boxer myself

.. ive just bought the property and what I am looking at is there is 2 wired fuses inside line and neutral....

Oooh, I assumed it was a DIY question when you said you were the property owner.....
Apologies if you're a qualified sparky.....

Then asking this question wouldn't be necessary.

Probably not if it's equipment that's in common usage. I have to admit I don't know the official designation of the some of the 70 year old switchgear we come across though.

OK. for what ever business it is of anyone's I am a company director of a letting agency.

I came on here for advice not to be interrogated and made fun of by the likes of a guy in a silly hat calling himself "Dillb" or "Murdoch" who is also very interested in my profession. who obviously like to disrespect people on here looking for advice from "professionals" instead of interacting in the real world.

As you are supposedly "trusted members" of this online community, you may like to take a minute and ask yourself why its so important for you to know who I am and what I do.
I came here for advice which I received from a few members thank you. But I do not appreciate this one bit.
Thanks to very much Marvo offering positive answers, you too other guys can discuss sparking til the cows come home, ... or your mummy comes in and puts you to bed with a glass of milk.
Reply all you want to this I am off, as I have a life.

Reply to main fuse not a bs 1361 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net