Discuss Main Fuse in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

s6stu

-
Reaction score
Hi people,

I recently issued a cert with a maximum demand calculation of around 80A for a 60A main fuse. Although the fuse will last well over 10'000 hours at 80A, according to regs, at what point do you decide on upgrading the fuse? I also assume the elec board would have to be notified to carry out the work.

Just would like to know before/if the situation arises.

Just wondering how you came about the figure of 80A as the maxumum demand?

have you applied diversity?

if it is a genuine 80A then by rights you have 'designed' an overload situation into the installation, and it should be upgraded anyway

I always state my maxumum demand as the main fuse size, because you should never have a stituation where the maximum demand is higher than the fuse!

Reply to Main Fuse in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock