Discuss main fuse in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ONIT

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Everyone

We All Know You Should Not Pull The Main Fuse, Its Down To The Big Boys From The Board.(in A Perfect World)

But If You Didnt Have A Double Pole Switch Fitted, And You You Needed To Pull The Main Fuse To Disconnect Main Tails In Front Of The Inspector From Niceic, Do You Think This Mite Go Against You.

So The Question Is-- Niceic Inseptor Checking Do You Pull Main Fuse Y/n

As Anyone Come Across This

All Replyes Wecome

G

Grae79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
why would you need to disconnect the tails in front of the NICe guy?

O

ONIT

in case he wants me to do IR TEST method 2 through tails (phase/neutral together) to earth hes checking board change on one job

G

Grae79

in the extremely unlikely event that he'd ask you to do method 2 on the whole board i doubt he'd ask you to effectively break the law by cutting the seal (if it's there anyway) to get at the fuse. :)

P

PAUL M

All They Tend To Check Is Earthing And Cert Filled In Ok, Oh And Dont Forget A Sticker,they Love Earthing And Stickers.lol

Had8Lives

-
Arms
You could say to him, I can't test it that way unless we wait for the electricity board to come out and remove the main fuse. Anyway, tails from the meter are the elec boards responsibility, so why should you test them?

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to main fuse in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom