Discuss main fuse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fire

i becam Part P registered 8 months ago, need to change a consumer unit do i need to call the distributor to pull the fuse as there is no isolator?

has the seal not fallen off? seroiusly though, depends on who thre distributor is. usually, if you let them know you've got to pull it, they will call when you have done and re-seal.

Last edited:
you could phone them and ask what their procedure is.

Pull it! The seal was missing before wasn't it?

Not my words but the assessor from Elecsa when I first had my assessment!!
what seal ???

Electricity at works act would supercede any supply authorities quirks on this one. You are legally obligated to isolate the supply before you work on it. If you have no other means of isolation then pull the fuse under no load conditions of course. Your safety and others take priority, so stuff em.

Electricity at works act would supercede any supply authorities quirks on this one. You are legally obligated to isolate the supply before you work on it. If you have no other means of isolation then pull the fuse under no load conditions of course. Your safety and others take priority, so stuff em.
a bit of common sense there, always overrides the jobsworths of this world, i say.

just pull it..........................who really cares, as long as u re-seal it than u can justify pulling it. work safe, live longer.............thats my opinion, and i will always cut, pull and re-seal if required. bugger the DNO, my life is more important, they will not prosecute, and if they ever try to i will be able to justify why i did it quoting the EAWR regs!

happy fuse pulling bud!!!!

I doubt they actually mind us pulling the fuses, they just won't say that you can, so if there is an accident they can say that you shouldn't have been touching it in the first place!

Apparently there was a sparky killed by a fuse carrier that broke up in his hand, I presume that it was ancient or damaged but if in doubt glove-up.

You can get the DNO out to fit an isolator in the tails but you will probably be waiting several weeks and it will probably cost you. (about £60 quid I think. Not done it for a long time, I just pull the fuse like everyone else I know)

had phoned eon and they said they can take upto 2 weeks to come out just to pull the fuse and another week or so to put it back!!

Reply to main fuse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock