Discuss Main incoming fuse in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam Bunting

Hi guys, I'm trying to find out what type of main fuse a friend has coming into his property, there is no BS number on it, it has 2 stickers, one that says 60A and one that says 100A. I have rang The local distributor but they couldn't tell me, has anyone got any ideas on how I can find out for info for a EIC please?
thanks very much
Adam

As above to both replies

Just re-read your post if it for an Eic just put NV in the appropriate box

I'm sure the DNO has an obligation to make this information available on request

Awhile ago I was on a site where it wss made clear to us that they would not let anyone pull the fuse except for the DNO

This was because on another site an elrctrician had pulled the fuse and dropped and broke the fuse holder, causing 3 hrs downtime while the DNO sent someone with a replacement

WPD sent a guy, nice bloke , he gave me a cutout blank and some seals
I received a feedback request via email, so I praised him up a bit, you know "its nice to be nice"

Saw him 6mths later he was grinning from ear to ear

He told me because of what I'd said he'd got a £50 M&S voucher and at his review he got a small payrise!

He also said that it's rare these days for them to be called out to do isolations on domestic or single phase

So I'm guessing they are tolerating the removal of fuses, that is until something goes wrong!

Last edited:
what about the stiffs in the morgue. they're well laid back. chilling out.

I'm sure the DNO has an obligation to make this information available on request

Awhile ago I was on a site where it wss made clear to us that they would not let anyone pull the fuse except for the DNO

This was because on another site an elrctrician had pulled the fuse and dropped and broke the fuse holder, causing 3 hrs downtime while the DNO sent someone with a replacement

WPD sent a guy, nice bloke , he gave me a cutout blank and some seals
I received a feedback request via email, so I praised him up a bit, you know "its nice to be nice"

Saw him 6mths later he was grinning from ear to ear

He told me because of what I'd said he'd got a £50 M&S voucher and at his review he got a small payrise!

He also said that it's rare these days for them to be called out to do isolations on domestic or single phase

So I'm guessing they are tolerating the removal of fuses, that is until something goes wrong!

.....hypothetically speaking a good plan would be to have a nice shiny one at the ready next to you, nudge nudge, wink wink, hypothetically speaking of course

Hi guys, I'm trying to find out what type of main fuse a friend has coming into his property, there is no BS number on it, it has 2 stickers, one that says 60A and one that says 100A. I have rang The local distributor but they couldn't tell me, has anyone got any ideas on how I can find out for info for a EIC please?
thanks very much
Adam

You need to work to worse case scenario. Assume it is a BS88-3 100a with a kA rating of 16.5kA, so the tails need to be 25mm with 16mm main earthing conductor, and 10mm main bonding conductors. If they aren't then code it appropriately. The easiest way is to pull the thing out and have a look, it is easy if there are no seals in place and just as easy if there are, nod nod wink wink.:wink5:

Cheers............Howard

Reply to Main incoming fuse in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net