Discuss main switch versus OPD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

foghorn

HI ALL
whilst completing certificate on pirform having installed a shower consumer unit with a 40A 30ma rcd and mcb
nominal current rating of main switch in relation to overcurrent protective device (ie) main switch is rated aty a lesser value than main over current protective device, supply characteristics 100 amp bs1361

any ideas how to get round this

less than 1 metre away from cut out meter tails into rcd shower circuit into mcb pirform saying fail due to main cut out fuse higher rated than rcd on shower box so says fail on choice of protective device for fault protection/overcurrent protection i know that the circuit is covered by this due to mcb however certificate says fail cos main switch is of lesser value in relation to cutout fuse

whilst completing certificate on pirform having installed a shower consumer unit with a 40A 30ma rcd and mcb nominal current rating of main switch in relation to overcurrent protective device (ie) main switch is rated aty a lesser value than main over current protective device, supply characteristics 100 amp bs1361

any ideas how to get round this
Stop calling it a Main Switch.

It's no different than any of the other RCDs in the installation.

ok then rcd however other consumer units do have 100amp main switch then rcd the shower boxes come with rcd then mcb so in relation to cut out fuse is a fail yes

Mmmm did listen mate and yes is not fail with MCB alongside however the perform certificate says fail because of main cut out fuse in relation to RCD

In PIRform, go into the intelligence manager for the cert and suppress the comment. Then go the schedule of inspections and change the relevant box to 'PASS'. (Might have to do a save in between.)

Mmmm did listen mate and yes is not fail with MCB alongside however the perform certificate says fail because of main cut out fuse in relation to RCD
you can fuse a cable down each end....the OPD for the shower will take care of any short circuit....the RCD will take care of any earth fault...
jesus wept....

Reply to main switch versus OPD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net