uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Main water Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

If the incoming water main is plastic can I assume that there is no need to run a 10mm bonding cable to the stop cock

slocm3105

-
Arms
As long as there is metal pipe after stop cock, bond it :). Ive seen people bond the plastic pipework before and it all ended in a big puddle :D.

Cheers

G

Guest123

Hi.

Even though the incomer is plastic chances are carrying on from there will be copper, so I would run a bond to the stop cock.

Cheers.

M

maddfridge

If the incoming water main is plastic can I assume that there is no need to run a 10mm bonding cable to the stop cock
hi there

i ahve seen somewhere in the regs that it is not necessry to bond incoming plastic water pipes i think it is in the onsite guide

cheers:)

S

Spudnik

hi there

i ahve seen somewhere in the regs that it is not necessry to bond incoming plastic water pipes i think it is in the onsite guide

cheers:)
Only if the installation is plastic also.

EddieB

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the point of bonding the incoming services to the MEF was to ensure that if parallel earth paths exist the ZS is improved at the board which enhances ADS. If the incoming is plastic goodbye parallel path path????

R

revolt3k

What about combined installations? Those that have both plastic incomming and some copper and some plastive. If you boneded the copper it would only bond untill it reachs a plastic fitting. In fact the whole house could be done in copper but if plastic pipes are fitted then its useless.

EddieB

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the incoming from the St is in copper then fine I beleive that the point of the bonding is to asssist with ADS which the parallel path will do, not for supplemtary bonding of the copper pipes within the dwelling am i right in this??

S

Spudnik

If the incoming from the St is in copper then fine I beleive that the point of the bonding is to asssist with ADS which the parallel path will do, not for supplemtary bonding of the copper pipes within the dwelling am i right in this??
Chaps,

Basically, bonding is to prevent voltage appearing through the underground pipework.

If its plastic, it cant get in.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Main water Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom