Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Mains safe FP/fixing fp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimmer

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does soeone manufacture an fp cable that can be ran in the same trunking as mains wiring? Also just wondered what people are using to clip/fix fp to the fabric of buildings?
Any help much appreciated

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
J

Jono Pashley

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
we use P Clips for FP usually.

What do you use to fix the p clips to the fabric of the building as rawl plugs aren't allowed?
If they won't let you use plastic rawlplugs,you could maybe use lead woodscrew wall anchors or else drop in wall anchors ,(same you use for fixing threaded rod) or else them curly whirly things if you have to fix to plasterboard.It depends on what you need to fix to.

D

DanBrown

Can you not run FP with mains cable?, as its still mains cable??
Didnt know that..

B

bahco

Can you not run FP with mains cable?, as its still mains cable??
Didnt know that..
i think if your using fp for a fire aarm system then maybe its at a different voltage to the normal circuits t+e etc.

voltage bands come into play....i may be wrong not done a lot on fire alarms really.

J

jimmer

why arn't rawlplugs allowed
yours benji
Because the cable needs to still remain supported even whilst the fire is going on. Yes the voltage band does come into it. I think a distance of 300mm is the distance from mains cable but i might be wrong

Because the cable needs to still remain supported even whilst the fire is going on. Yes the voltage band does come into it. I think a distance of 300mm is the distance from mains cable but i might be wrong
Not much use when your plastic sounders have melted!!
The fp cable you are looking for should contain an earthed metalic screen.Its so you don't pick up any stray/induced voltages.I still would be wary about installing along with mains on an addressable system,as they tend to be very sensitive to voltage pulses

benji

-
Arms
you never said it was for fire alarm installation,if you want a metal clip you could use the red micc clips as for fixings you can get 4.8x32 masonry self tapping screws (evolution fixings)
yours benji

J

jimmer

i know red tape! i bet 99% of fire alarm cable's are held by red rawl plugs.
Will definatly be looking at the self tapping masonary screws
cheers all

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Mains safe FP/fixing fp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom