Discuss Mains supply Blocking diodes ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keith1st

Hi I'm new on here so apologise upfront if I've posted in the wrong place. I was going to ask for advice in the solar forum but I think I may need help from both sides so will try here first.
OK what I would like help with please is. I have a grid tie solar system which is feeding back to my meter when producing more than my consumption and the meter is reading this as if it where coming in from the mains and I am being charged for it (we have no feed in tariffs where I live). I can not have the meter changed so I would like to know if there is a way I can stop this reverse flow with a blocking diode or similar after the meter ? And can it be done in a way that will not affect the inverters grid disconnect protection ? Hope this makes sense to someone out there.

I don't think this is possible as it's AC.

I met a guy in France a few years ago who had similar problems. He is a bit of a mad proffessor type and was charging UPS batteries that he'd bought on eBay which he used to run some circuits in his house through an inverter. I really couldn't see what he was gaining for all the effort other than the personal satisfaction of his invention!

Anyway, I hope someone else can think of something to help you...

i would take this question up with the manufacturer of your solar units
without being there to see the hookup and the schematics i cant really give much info on it

Reply to Mains supply Blocking diodes ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net