Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Mains switch array in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GetFrodo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey there, watch out - newbie here :). All I really want is a nice, compact array of switches that I can mount on my tv wall mount to be able to individually power the different devices (tv, ps3, computer, etc). Four switches would be ok but 6 preferable (so I have two spare). All I can find is individual rocker or push switches which need soldering (screw connections like normal plugs would be so much nicer) and I know I won't be able to mount a row of them particularly neatly, and the wiring won't be pretty either (how do you neatly and safely split a wire 6-ways?). The TV mount doesn't have a lot of room which is why I'm not going down the simple, switchable extension lead route... I have a wooden surface which is long but just 54mm wide on which to mount the switches.

I'll be really grateful for any advice!

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
P

pushrod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
can't see why you don't just wall mount one of these simple, easy and safer.

G

GetFrodo

But wall mount what? I haven't found any arrays of switches... and it would be a pain to feed all the cables from the middle of the TV mount into the wall, back out to the switches etc etc.

Have just found this http://www.starlight.com/images/PC800front.jpg which is along the right lines, shame it is american and wrong voltage. I don't need illuminated switches, but not really a big deal if they are.

So do any of you know of something like that, ideally a bit more compact with screw terminals for the wires rather sockets? cheers!

P

pushrod

Link in my first post not showing up clearly - put your cursor on "these" in it.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Mains switch array in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom