Discuss Mains terminal lableing strange one? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Does anyone understand main AC terminal markings of N G F (left to right)? Is that Neutral / Ground / Line as it is Italian supplier and possibly far east maker. I have not come across this before so just checking before I wire it in.

It is PCB mounted terminal block so i cannot see any other reference without stripping the thing down. It is a high end bit of kit but this needs explaining if anyone knows.

Thanks

Does anyone understand main AC terminal markings of N G F (left to right)? Is that Neutral / Ground / Line as it is Italian supplier and possibly far east maker. I have not come across this before so just checking before I wire it in.

It is PCB mounted terminal block so i cannot see any other reference without stripping the thing down. It is a high end bit of kit but this needs explaining if anyone knows.

Thanks

What do the instruction booklet say???

Can you look at the solder tracks on the back, if its a pcb and you're supplying mains voltage it may have a TX and filter capacitor etc which may point you to identify what is what?

I know I could but as I said I do not want to strip it down. I cannot get a response from manufacturer until Monday. I was hoping someone would have come across this before.

If it's a high end piece of kit, it'll be a very expensive mistake.
You need to be certain, you'll have to wait or strip it.

What is it, maybe we can find some reference online?

Is it C.E marked?

Last edited:
From working in Italy I can remember phase = fase, neutral = neutro and ground or earth = terra. Not much help though lol.

Can yoy not do a continuity test from g to the metal casing to check if tbat that is the earth connection
Yep E is earth and it seems Fase is Spanish for Live wire so maybe same in Italy. It is CE marked but I Will be querying that to make sure it is legal which I doubt.
thanks for the pointers

Reply to Mains terminal lableing strange one? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock