Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

12345aob

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can you still install mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? I fitted one the other month but a fellow spark just told me they now have to be low voltage?

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
T

Tiger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Out side of zones 1 and 2 they are fine. you are now aloud a socket point 3m away from zone 1. Don't forget 30ma protection

Which is mad because you try telling a women with a hairdryer with a 3m flex on it you can't use it in the bath

Last edited by a moderator:
B

beaver74

if fan is ipx4 or above as most are they are fine
ipx5 if jets are used for cleaning

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest123

Showers aren't low voltage are they......:D

And as previously said socket outlets are now permitted.:rolleyes:
Personally I think that's bonkers but who am I.:D

S

Scott F

To clarify the above it was my understanding that 230v fans can be installed in zone 1 as long as its IP rated AND has 30ma protection

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
To clarify the above it was my understanding that 230v fans can be installed in zone 1 as long as its IP rated AND has 30ma protection

I agree with the above and would add that they should also be recomended as suitable by the manufacturer for that location, additional to having the correct IP rating

A

acat

No problem in zone 1 701.55 refers and mentions ventilation equipment must be permanent fixture suitable for locations and in accordance with manufacturers instructions

Chris

scotsparky

-
Arms
ScottF there were sockets in a police locker/ changing room. There had been an electric shower installed in on of the cubicals and so making the whole area a special location.
The sockets were about 6m away round a corner but neverless in a special location:D

sparks1234

-
Arms
Since when have sockets been allowed within 3 mtrs, this was on a thread recently and the verdict was outside 3 mtrs only and i think jason was in agreement with that....so go careful

S

spark1

ScottF there were sockets in a police locker/ changing room. There had been an electric shower installed in on of the cubicals and so making the whole area a special location.
The sockets were about 6m away round a corner but neverless in a special location:D

Where there Special Police in this Special location :D

S

spark1

Ha ! Ha ! Nice one Scots........:D :D

Spark 1

Reply to Mains voltage extractor fans in bathrooms? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom