• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Domestic mains wiring

Discuss mains wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not open for further replies.


EF Member
hey all pricing a big job that the board have also quoted for and want to know whats best way to go.
the job is new build flats in existing building ryfields in risers on each floor.what I want to know is can I then feed from ryfield to each flat (meter in the flats) with an swa straight from ryfield to the meter with no isolator switch fuse or does it have to have an isolator? can you take an swa straight into meter or does it have to be double insulated? cheers for any help


Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
SWA should be glanded into a metal enclosure and tails then fed into Switch/fuse and meter.
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.