Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss maintenance electrician in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamh

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

think this is the first post ive started :) anyway... when a job is advertised as maintenance electrician what exactly is involved? relamps and changing broken fittings and fixtures springs to mind??

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Depending where it is, breakdowns of machinery and other associated equipment.

Can also involve HV so the is no limit when advertising for a maintenance electrician.

S

Spudmiester

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As Ian said, depends on what sort of place it is. Was a maintanence spark for a good few years in a food factory, involved everything from lights in the toilets to large control MCC's and instrumentation. Did involve shift work though.

It could be an interesting change !

L

lukese

it can be anything, i have met in the past maintanence sparks that change a few bulbs a day and i have met others that have worked in the same factory for 30 years and between them over the years have rebuilt generators and other huge pieces of kit! ask for a job description.

M

montybaber

I have worked in maintenance for some time and to be honest lamp changing is the tip of a huge iceberg :) to be honest I cant remember the last time I changed a tube lol

I work with all manor of industrial machinery (at the moment I work in food manufacture) and there is never a dull moment, a lot of electricians In this line of work can weld, fabricate, turn, mill, as well as taking on a fair bit of mechanical work on top of the electrical bits and pieces.

Where I am now we design and build control panels, design control systems for machinery, PLC programming, install drives and configure/program etc, all manor of installation works, on top of fault finding on everything daily (hygiene :rolleyes:) and thats where the pressure is!!

I think it suits some people and not others, some maintenance positions can be boring and uninvolved but find somewhere interesting and you will have a ball :) and also the training involved will get your cv bulging!

Reply to maintenance electrician in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom