Discuss Makes compatible with legrand cosumer units? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
I have a job I have to go to tomorrow and need to fit an RCBO in a legrand consumer unit. Problem being...I would have to wait for a legrand one to come home of the internet which woud take a few days. What other makes are compatible and would fit in this consumer unit? Somebody said to me they thought wylex might?

Hi,
As I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, but you need to fit like for like. I know that some of the governing bodies will normally frown upon mixx and match consumer units.
For example legrand must be replaced by legrand items etc, as when companies test their consumer units in the labs etc, they test them with their breakers and as such pass them after testing.
If you put say a logic RCBO in a legrand consumer unit and a fault occurs, you can become liable for that fault.
I always try to replace mcbs, RCBO's with the same make as the consumer unit.
I hope this makes sense and is of some help.
Best regards,
Sav

Hi,
As I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, but you need to fit like for like. I know that some of the governing bodies will normally frown upon mixx and match consumer units.
For example legrand must be replaced by legrand items etc, as when companies test their consumer units in the labs etc, they test them with their breakers and as such pass them after testing.
If you put say a logic RCBO in a legrand consumer unit and a fault occurs, you can become liable for that fault.
I always try to replace mcbs, RCBO's with the same make as the consumer unit.
I hope this makes sense and is of some help.
Best regards,
Sav

Yes I also always swap like for like but what I meant was as a short term replacement until the other one comes home.

Reply to Makes compatible with legrand cosumer units? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net