Discuss Making choice for Main supply cut out upgrade???? 80amp or 100amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys just scratching alittle on this on as far as max demands concerned.

Got extension in house, curenntly has 60amp main cut out. 7 way board. Asked N.Power to come fit Iso and upgrade cut out too 80amp
INC.
1x 40 amp. shower
2 x 32 amp. rings
1 x 6 amp. lights WHOLE HOUSE ! eeeeeek
1 x 20amp. bolier
2 x spare

They having Big extension loads new circuits.

Wanting 16 amp Radials for all individual Kitchen apps
INC.

Fridge large double - 16amp supply
freezer large double - 16 amp supply
DW - 16 amp supply
washine machine - 16 amp supply
Boiler (new system) - 16 amp supply
Also 2 x sockets and a Spur in dining. (Tv and floor lamps) - 16 amp supply

Then also

2 x 6amp lighting circuits
1 x 32 amp kitchen ring. (above work surface sockets)
1 x 10.5Kw shower (this makes two in house both same rating)
1 x 7.5Kw Cooker range

the n plus all old circuits.
they may go for $$$$ all Rcbo's but not sure yet prob just Dual board LARGE 18way

My question is after doing max demand and diversty. i am Way over even 80amps

the main thing is the two showers. i dont doubt for a min these WILL be in use at same time. in morn, plus kettle and cooker im sure. it propa working family. 2 kids..
But thing is with each of these showers i have to take 100% fl. (OSG TAb1b)
that alone is 91amps.

So as i stated at beginning i at first requested a 80amp with N.power, but now these two showers are in equation im bit stumped. surly its got to be 100amp. but even then its tight any idea s?
they said they would do the 80amp and Iso for free , wondering how much 100amp would be as the carrier would need changing too..

i know it bit of a long one, but any ideas welcome

thanks guys

well cool thats good to know. They recent had their 60 amp blow for no appart reason, woke up in morn had shower and power went. N.power came out replaced and just said "it happens". thats it !........Still its just the demands im concerned about, on a 80amp.

Reply to Making choice for Main supply cut out upgrade???? 80amp or 100amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock