Discuss Makita 8391DWPETK drill - Advice needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

evanspark

I'm new to this so in all honesty, I wouldn't have a clue at what is good and what's not.

There's a personal reason behind me wanting a makita drill amongst the fact that they are a good make and as I'm starting up my tool collection etc, i'm after my first drill.

I've spotted this one and it seems to be a good starting kit and good value for money but as said, I'm unsure on what specs are good etc, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LINK: Makita 18v Combi Drill Kit 8391DWPETK - Makita Direct

Cheers,
Greg

looks good price to me mate. before deciding, check out hitachi and panasonic

I'm not going to order this second, so i'll definitely check plenty of alternatives. Any reccomendations within the hitachi and panasonic ranges?

Preferably in the same price range as that Makita above

I've just read about somebody complaining about the batteries only being 1.3? but it does come with two so that shouldn't really be an issue.

also look at li-ion batteries and see what b&q have on offer. i got an AEG li-ion for £72 the other week.

I'll have a good look around, cheers for the advice.

Are there any shops other than B&Q that sell at decent prices that you know of?

I checked out Screwfix but for the same Makita set as above, they're wanting £250 which is miles above getting it direct from Makita themselves...

have you considered Milwaukee, i have now moved to Milwaukee as i have noticed that they have a better build quality and seem to be very reliable.
the New 28v range is also outstanding

I'm new to this so in all honesty, I wouldn't have a clue at what is good and what's not.

There's a personal reason behind me wanting a makita drill amongst the fact that they are a good make and as I'm starting up my tool collection etc, i'm after my first drill.

I've spotted this one and it seems to be a good starting kit and good value for money but as said, I'm unsure on what specs are good etc, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LINK: Makita 18v Combi Drill Kit 8391DWPETK - Makita Direct

Cheers,
Greg

I got that makita drill 3 years ago with 3 batteries from screwfix. £90 i paid.....

Try and get the best you can afford, and make sure its lithium ion! If your wanting new then hitachi will be in your budget. Dont be scared to buy second hand on fleebay either. Bosch 18ve2-li, case, 3x3AH batteries with charger went for £130 the other day.

just remember that the brand you start with is normally the brand you progress with, so its worth taking the time to look around and seeing what other products you might need in the future, that way you wont be caught later wishing you had bought different to begin with.

Telectrix, nice one lol

Reply to Makita 8391DWPETK drill - Advice needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock