Discuss makita radio mod/fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ive been having trouble with the signal lately so a week ago i took it apart.

i found the connection from the aerial to the pcb had come off (bad soldering)

i grabbed the nearest bit of cable and soldered it up and its as good as new.

while i was at it i put a 12-5v transformer and switch in there feeding a usb port in the battery compartment.

now when i find the exact size diodes i need across the d- and d+ pins to get the required voltage to charge at 1amp ill be happy.

8c8f1d8cf18c01b23b1dcc42bded4228.jpg

c13a735bbded2c25019cd36cbd5d2074.jpg

6919b81c9f35dd260f8984913a238e25.jpg

Bought a 12v cig lighter to usb adapter from poundworld (yes it was a pound) it works great would have thought all the parts you need are in the unit.

as for the insulation tape plaster I only use blue tape (as I work in food factorys) and thats the colour of the plasters they use. not heard of the carcinogens in the tape

Bought a 12v cig lighter to usb adapter from poundworld (yes it was a pound) it works great would have thought all the parts you need are in the unit.

as for the insulation tape plaster I only use blue tape (as I work in food factorys) and thats the colour of the plasters they use. not heard of the carcinogens in the tape

To be honest it was 20 years ago , but it has just stuck with me .

it might work but it would charge slow unless you put a certain voltage on the data pins.

otherwise it will be limited to 500mah charge rate

Reply to makita radio mod/fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock