Discuss Marina overhead cables in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

we need to get a cable from one end of a boating marina to the other, buried is not possible and there are no walls to fix to, So the choice left would be to go overhead, Confusion reigns, reg no 709.521.1.5 says cables in free air suspended from or incorporateing a suport wire shall not be used...now go to 709.521.1.8 and they start talking about overhead cables, somebody give my brain a rest

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
D

desertbootz

Confusion reigns, reg no 709.521.1.5 says cables in free air suspended from or incorporateing a suport wire shall not be used...now go to 709.521.1.8 and they start talking about overhead cables, somebody give my brain a rest
709.521.1.5 refers to jetty, wharf, pier or pontoon which to my understanding are all constructed over water. Obviously not every part of a marina is so constructed so 709.521.1.8 may be applied in those areas. That's the way I would read it.

If yr running the power on a jetty, wharf, pier or pontoon why not fix it to the surface and then mechanically protect it?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Marina overhead cables in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom