SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Marine location specifically pontoon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Been asked to look at a job on a pontoon. Haven't been there yet but I know it is a power supply to boat. Given there will be RCD per 709 I am wondering about the cable. There is a max movement of 1m. Any ideas as to the particular cable? H07RN-F I was thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Happy
To discuss any ideas with you. Generally, my experience is with temporary hook ups using 16A connections and "Arctic" cable. Whole world of environment considerations and the one that gets our yacht club is not using PME. Needs a bit more information. Regards

T

The Ghost

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is for a ferry service in Bristol docks. I am going to look at it tomorrow. From what I know so far there is a 25m run from a small office to the pontoon. But there is also considerations regards the Brunel moored there and Bristol City Council and the harbourmaster. So could be interesting aside from the environmental. Will know more tomorrow. I was thinking about the PME not being allowed and will have to be sure what they are hooking up onto from shore.

ESQCR Regulation (4) does not permit the use of a PEN conductor for the earth on a boat.

Reply to Marine location specifically pontoon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom