uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Marking Neutral and CPC at CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dixon9

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Apparantly, where practicable, the neutral and cpc are to be marked or labelled at the CU. Those of you that do so - what method of labelling or type of markers do you use?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you mean by marked or labelled?

S

Spudmiester

I use panel wiring cable markers. Get them in kits from RS.

They are available in plain white or coloured . The coloured ones follow the resistor colour code.

Hmmm, if I remenber from collage days, there is a rhyme to help you remember the order as well.:rolleyes: Dont think its postable !:eek:

C

Cirrus

Oh, we talking commercial / industrial then I guess??

D

dixon9

They are available in plain white or coloured . The coloured ones follow the resistor colour code.

Hmmm, if I remenber from collage days, there is a rhyme to help you remember the order as well.:rolleyes: Dont think its postable !:eek:

LOL!

B Boys R Our Young Girls But V Go Without!

Those were the days! Supervisor ----es you a draw full of resistors and you had to put them all back in the right compartments!

What do you mean by marked or labelled?
For example, N1, N2 etc.... So you know what neutrals correspond to what lives (phases!).

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Micklane

Betty Brown Runs Over Your Garden But Violet Grey Walks. (Green is number 5).
regards

G

Grae79

Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well :)

S

Shakey

LOL!

Those were the days! Supervisor ----es you a draw full of resistors and you had to put them all back in the right compartments!

For example, N1, N2 etc.... So you know what neutrals correspond to what lives (phases!).
erm...its now 'Lines' old chap

you are SOOOOO 16th edition:p

S

Spudmiester

LOL!

Thats the one Dixon old chap, but it was V got wiser !

Happy Days !

D

dixon9

erm...its now 'Lines' old chap

you are SOOOOO 16th edition:p

Actually, I did the 15th about 678 years ago when I was fresh faced and life was an open book!

Been out for a while you could say!

17th coming up though!

4x4 mark

i mark earths in board but just use marker pen for domestic as wylex boards number earths one way and neutrals the other

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Marking Neutral and CPC at CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom