Discuss Martindale all in one in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

carlhenry01

Hi i have a martindale veritest 2240 all in one teater.I have just completed my first house re-wire and have tested all the circuits.For example the kitchen ring reads: continuity 0.85 insulation >200 that seems fine, cant do loop impedance (RCD) so do measurement of earth resistance with 15ma current.My test results with this meter for this test are presnted to a 1ohm resolution.Am I right? does this mean in the Zs box I put 1? this will be true for most tests surely.The lights were:continuity 1.34 insulation >200 and again 1ohm for the earth resistance test.With everything on RCDs do I need to do a loop impedance test?
Carl.

I to have this tester and have found this happens, i have checked and as long as 1ohm does not exceed the max zs for the circuit it is ok to enter 1 in the zs column.

If not use other method zs = ze + (r1+r2)

this may be wrong or right but could you not just link the rcd out in this situation? i used to do this when using me old robin testers.

rich

yeah all circuits on the rcd side's, may not be the correct way? but to be honest if i were the only one in the building/premises completing a test and was satisfied there were no possible loads on the link wires..., then id do it this way me self, once you've linked the rcd's out you can test all the circuits and reinstate the rcd's.

again it may not be "proper" but ive done it in the past in new builds with no one else in the building. gotta be better than just getting a "1" all the time? or just buy a better tester!! lol

rich

Yep! i agree its much cheaper than buying a better meter too!

Thanks for your reply;s and help.
Regards,Carl

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Martindale all in one in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net