Discuss Martindale Socket Testers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a socket tester and have just been on they're website looking at the different ones. Have any of you got a martindale tester that you could recommend or any other brands that you could rate?

Thanks in advance

Toby K

I have a Martindale one, it also has a audible function on it for quickly checking sockets are correctly wired. But please don't use this instead of proper testing procedures to ensure a socket is safe to use like British gas do.

Dillb - Thanks for you reply, I do the proper testing procedures with my MFT, just a sparks I was working with the other night recommended I get a plug in socket tester and don't want to buy a rubbish one! :)

I Have a socket and see one. it worked for about a month. have sent 3 e mails and heard nothing. Pity it was a decent tester while it lasted.

Thanks for all your replies! I have a socket and see fuse finder that came free with my fluke MFT, never had a problem with that. Might go for the martindale one though, probs the audible one

Yeah definitely get an audible one. Useful for listening to it from a few rooms away for isolating circuits. Most importantly though so you don't leave it behind.

Yeah definitely get an audible one. Useful for listening to it from a few rooms away for isolating circuits. Most importantly though so you don't leave it behind.

The audible one hadn't been thought of when I bought mine. If it had been, that's the one I would have bought !!! ;)

I don't understand why they have a loop test on them as unless it is a approved tester that is calibrated every year the it is as much use as using a neon screwdriver or volt stick to prove something is dead.

i have an audible kewtech one which is great....i think all the big names,Martindale,Megger,Fluke,kewtech socket an see etc will all be pretty much the same.

socket and see, 6 years plus.... no probs. Great bit of kit for circuit tracing and function testing.

All test kit should be used for it's appropriate use, and not substituted for proper recognised testing methods.

Reply to Martindale Socket Testers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net