Discuss Massive heating bill! need some advice.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CCB

Hi all.. I have been a tenant of my current flat for 7 months now and have had broken storage heaters for 6 months of them! Pestered my letting agent who kept fobbing me off and gave me my landladies number to call.. Eventually six months down the line they have fitted two 2kw convection panel heaters. I was told they were economical and they would heat my 1200sqft open plan flat perfectly well.. THEN THE BILL CAME.. £272 for 3 weeks usage (2102 kwh!!) so know I have E-ON breathing down my neck, a letting agent whos ignoring my calls and a very cold Christmas ahead! someone's suggested the letting agents handy man could of connected to the 24 hour tariff instead of economy 7 and some have suggested the heaters should not have been fitted. I've looked at the meter with the heaters off and it runs at a fairly normal speed in comparison to the other flats(if not a touch faster) and when the heaters turned on it moves at an alarming rate.. any advice to help me would be much appreciated! Thanks Chris

2 x 2kw heaters running constantly will use 4kwh of power per hour.....if they do run constantly that is almost 100 kwh per day!!.......if you put them on the economy 7 tariff they will only run at night...it will be cold during the day.............The way forward is to get the storage heaters fixed I'm afraid.When you took on the flat was it described as having storage heating?....as there isnt you may perhaps have some legal standing there.

Reply to Massive heating bill! need some advice.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net