Discuss Massive thanks from me for your patience peeps :D in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say thanks for your patience during this forum upgrade lark. Out of the three forums, you've kicked off the least lol

I know it's weird when buttons move, colours change, font sizes change.

And also bigger changes such as tags being removed and / or added.

And then me just storming in changing categories and permissions and whatnot.

We've had downtime due to me screwing an upgrade up on the plumbersforums, then we've had our own database issues and whatnot. And it's taken a long time to upgrade all three forums and get them working right and running fast again.

Sponsors have been super patient too so thanks to them.

I know we've lost a few members. (and gained one back @Pete999 - Uncle Pete he's known as for me now) - But when forums change a bit (like when facebook does) it doesn't please everybody. Rules have never changed, all staff have always said you always need to be nice to others. No keyboard warriors are welcome anywhere online except Reddit and Facebook lol And they wont last forever. But I'm hoping we do. And us staying ahead of the competition (I don't see them as competition anymore we're leagues ahead) is important.

The few we've lost, we've already gained back in post quantities by opening us up to the world.

I have a couple of forum category changes to make. I think we need to jump on the green bandwagon a bit more than we do. That's going to be pushed by the Government forever now. And I'd like to expand the auto area - because cars will be electric soon and mechanics will need a degree in electronics to touch them. So I think that's a field that'll expand so I'd like to get in there. Not sure if it'll work, but we wont know until we try.

I have to thank the staff as well for their patience. I know many (perhaps not Westy) have been quite quiet and left me to it, but it's pretty much done now so hopefully once they're not so busy offline they'll be back in the forums.

Thanks to those that have contributed financially (not just the sponsors) with account upgrades. I feel a bit embarrassed pushing it too much but you can upgrade your account here: https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/upgrades

It came about when members PM'd me and asked how they can donate. It used to happen once or twice a year. But it started to get monthly. And I always said just post questions and answers - that's enough. But a couple insisted, and the new forum software had options for it, so I set it up.

Eventually we'll give those who contribute to the forum that way, some extra benefits such as a featured directory listing etc - there's already a badge for them if they want it - but there's an option to contribute on the sly too and not have a badge. Just in case you get picked on on facebook or something for contributing here. We had Tilers being kicked out of Facebook Groups when they had the badge on our forum - weird I know. But that exists in life.

Thanks to the overseas members for sticking around during the period when they were being told we're UK only. My fault for not making it clearer to existing members perhaps.

And thanks for the silly banter type member for winding it in a bit for me. I know when you're in the clique it's a laugh. But nearly all members and visitors aren't in the clique. So leave that kind of shyte to Facebook or your whatsapp groups you can get access to etc.

Not sure who else to thank. But if you're reading this. I'm thanking you.

Thanks to everybody.

Oh - Thanks to @Lou too. She's been a star feeding me coffee and sarnies during the last few months of early starts, late nights, all-nighters a few times when things went wrong, and cancelling family things for me because a thread has been started hammering the forum or something. lol

Thanks peeps. :)

Massive thanks from me for your patience peeps :D thanks-peeps - EletriciansForums.net

I have to say thanks for your patience during this forum upgrade lark. Out of the three forums, you've kicked off the least lol

We've had downtime due to me screwing an upgrade up on the plumbersforums, then we've had our own database issues and whatnot. And it's taken a long time to upgrade all three forums and get them working right and running fast again.

I know we've lost a few members. (and gained one back @Pete999 - Uncle Pete he's known as for me now) - But when forums change a bit (like when facebook does) it doesn't please everybody. Rules have never changed, all staff have always said you always need to be nice to others. No keyboard warriors are welcome anywhere online except Reddit and Facebook lol And they wont last forever. But I'm hoping we do. And us staying ahead of the competition (I don't see them as competition anymore we're leagues ahead) is important.

The few we've lost, we've already gained back in post quantities by opening us up to the world.

I have a couple of forum category changes to make. I think we need to jump on the green bandwagon a bit more than we do. That's going to be pushed by the Government forever now. And I'd like to expand the auto area - because cars will be electric soon and mechanics will need a degree in electronics to touch them. So I think that's a field that'll expand so I'd like to get in there. Not sure if it'll work, but we wont know until we try.

I have to thank the staff as well for their patience. I know many (perhaps not Westy) have been quite quiet and left me to it, but it's pretty much done now so hopefully once they're not so busy offline they'll be back in the forums.

Thanks to those that have contributed financially (not just the sponsors) with account upgrades. I feel a bit embarrassed pushing it too much but you can upgrade your account here: https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/upgrades

It came about when members PM'd me and asked how they can donate. It used to happen once or twice a year. But it started to get monthly. And I always said just post questions and answers - that's enough. But a couple insisted, and the new forum software had options for it, so I set it up.

Eventually we'll give those who contribute to the forum that way, some extra benefits such as a featured directory listing etc - there's already a badge for them if they want it - but there's an option to contribute on the sly too and not have a badge. Just in case you get picked on on facebook or something for contributing here. We had Tilers being kicked out of Facebook Groups when they had the badge on our forum - weird I know. But that exists in life.

Thanks to the overseas members for sticking around during the period when they were being told we're UK only. My fault for not making it clearer to existing members perhaps.

And thanks for the silly banter type member for winding it in a bit for me. I know when you're in the clique it's a laugh. But nearly all members and visitors aren't in the clique. So leave that kind of shyte to Facebook or your whatsapp groups you can get access to etc.

Thanks to everybody.

Oh - Thanks to @Lou too. She's been a star feeding me coffee and sarnies during the last few months of early starts, late nights, all-nighters a few times when things went wrong, and cancelling family things for me because a thread has been started hammering the forum or something. lol

View attachment 51727
So gonna get called Uncle by every Tom Dick or Harry from now on, thanks for that Dan:kissing::grinning::p:sweat::innocent:especially when a:laughing::laughing:nthonybragg answers to anything I say:mask::mask::joycat::joycat:

That was the intention Unc. :) :D

Massive thanks from me for your patience peeps :D 1567070099033 - EletriciansForums.net

Was considering changing your avatar but I'm pretty sure that'd breach these bloody privacy laws we have now lol It's not 2018 anymore :D :D :D :D

your jedi tricks will not work on me. oops, thought you said JD.

I would give you a like @Dan but I've got no reaction emojis lol hint hint.

Found them now Tel.

If a member subscribes, any version, do they get an extra, private warning or two if they misbehave, before being banned, or a refund of the unexpired subscription?

Asking for a friend...

Thanks to everybody.

View attachment 51727

Thanks to everybody.

View attachment 51727
Dan I think this is a great forum and did not realize how much work you have to do. Congratulations

I would give you a like @Dan but I've got no reaction emojis lol hint hint.
seriously?!

Have I Ballsed something up again? Lol

I'll go check now

seriously?!

Have I Ballsed something up again? Lol

I'll go check now
No mate, it was my fault, I could t see the woods for the trees.

Dan I think this is a great forum and did not realize how much work you have to do. Congratulations
Thanks kindly.

I thought I had the day off then but I think I've rushed something if staff can't click like!

So it comes with rewards and good feels. But comes with its busy spells, I guess like any small business.
[automerge]1567089253[/automerge]
No mate, it was my fault, I could t see the woods for the trees.
I didn't know if you just meant you wanted more lol

More will be coming soon and I'll mix them all up again to keep you on your toes.

(I don't do it on purpose I promise lol)

It's just not super high on the list. I installed a blog on all forums and they work on the other two but it just won't link up right to this one. There is a bit of old forum data still knocking about in the database for this one that's not agreeing with the blog data.

So I need look into that first.

We need be blogging the news first. We get the news before the mags do.

I think @telectrix is more of a Sith electrician than Jedi.
Scouser, remember.

Plumbers not liking changes to their forum? Typical. Probably the same resistance to change as they had when it changed from lead pipes to copper.

Resistance is futile.

The child in me wants to make a joke involving Lou and 'hammering', but the "mature" part in me stops me.....I hate when you grow up....
OoOoo be careful mate she's got the ban buttons and a short fuse too lol

Reply to Massive thanks from me for your patience peeps :D in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock