Discuss Mastervolt complaint in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Obbit

-
Reaction score
Hi people

Are we the only company to have a nightmare when dealing with Mastervolt technical regarding faulty inverters. They're shambolic and constantly trying to blame the installer. To be honest, I can live with a warranty argument with an inverter company, but as Mastervolt contacts the client themselves I have to do it all with the client CC'd in e-mails.
The inverter failed after 3 years, they've said they will change it, but then every time I call or e-mail they say they have no record of the case.

This last replacement inverter reminds me why we don't touch Mastervolt anymore.

This was the worst of the e-mails and the one that took me to my wits end:

-----------------------------------------------------
To whom it may concern

Was this e-mail really sent to the client?

-----
Thank you Mrs [clients name].
>
> It appears that whomever logged the fault with our Amsterdam office in the first instance logged it as an end user issue rather than one from an installer. We have service partners for end user faults (usually because the installer has gone out of business) and an installer process for others.
>
> As Roberts business has an account with us it hit a snag and there was a conflict in our process as to whether we use a service partner (for end users) or the original installer (obviously preferred option). It is usually a 48 hour turnaround but this complication added the delay.
>
> I am now asking that [our company] carry out the installation as the original installer and awaiting his reply
>
> Best regards,
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> David Craig

----------

Did you really tell the client that the fault is [Our company] for calling the wrong number and that you only use service partners if the company is out of business?

In the recent past I've tried to to change 3 Mastervolt inverters for old customers and have been told categorically I am not allowed to and that a service partner will do it. You even told me in this case that you will send out a service partner and I am not to replace it. Why would you out right lie to our customer to shift the blame. This really is beyond bad customer.

Yours

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've sent them a formal 3 page letter as 7 days of 3 calls a day and 6 e-mails (plus the ones from the client) don't seem to be working.

Would just like to know if other people have the same issue with them

Cheers

what do you expect from amsterdam? they's all spaced out on pot there.

You have a contract of sale with who ever sold you the inverter. If it is not of merchantable quality or fit for the purpose for which it was sold, your first port of call is them, not the manufacturer. I would contact your supplier, explain the situation to them. If they cut up rough, mention the Sale of Goods Act and explain you expect an immediate refund on return of the faulty items. If there is a reasonable expectation the item should last for an extended period, any talk of 12 months warranty does not hold water. This is a common misconception of the law.

The real moral of the story is stick with manufacturers with a good track record. We fit Eltek unless we need a twin tracker, when we fit Power One (sorry ABB now). I have never had a failure.

The contract is still between vendor and customer. Whether full protection of sale of goods act applies is moot point. If you sell faulty goods that do not fulfil the purpose
for which they are sold you are in breach regardless of whether you sold them in good faith. As vendor you have recourse to the party who sold the goods to you.

Thanks for the advice people. TBH Mastervolt do change the faulty inverters, it's just the palava I have to go through first.

To give you an update.
Mastervolt UK are contacting me to ask me to change the inverter, at the same time they are organising with the client direct for Mastervolt to replace it themselves. I've told the client to let Mastervolt change it in the hope it gets sorted quicker.

I've sent a letter to the CEO as well, for the simple reason I don't have a clue who else to tell in the company.

The surprising thing is Mastervolt has brilliant reputation in Marine electronics but an awful one in solar.

Reply to Mastervolt complaint in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock