Discuss Mastervolt Inverters not starting up. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Echo

Hi,

Installed 2 Mastervolts over the past 2 days (the first time we've used them) and we are having an issue with both of them!!!

They haven't clocked anything on the generation meter at all. I've checked the wiring on each of them it just seems highly unlikely that there are 2 faulty inverters or we've made a mistake on 2 systems which both happen to be Mastervolt inverters.

I've phoned technical and they weren't very helpful at all. Do the inverters usually respond to an AC Supply? IE does anything light up/come on?

We followed the installation instructions, and have never had a problem with any inverter before.

For all the people out there who have experience installing mastervolt, is there something we may have overlooked (no matter how trivial) which would have this effect?

The inverter in question on both systems is XS 3200.

Thanks in advance.

Used to fit loads of Mastervolt XS inverters and never had a problem. However, it's been a while but I think you need sufficient output from the array before it'll fire up for the first time. Then you need to select the country of use before it'll start operating. Did you do this? The orange backlighting should come on along with the fan when it fires up. Not something daft like the optional integrated DC isolator still switched off perhaps?

I immediately thought wiring problem, but to connect up 2 systems wrong when this has never happened before, and they both happen to be on the installs where we have used mastervolt, seems to be too much of a coincidence.

I've also checked the integral DC switch to ensure this is in the on position.

Sorry to drag this one up,
Got a XS3200 to install tomorrow, can anyone confirm it has to have 2 strings to function? I was under the impression it did. Have also fitted a couple of Sunny Boys which only required one string to function

edit - should put more information in - all other XS3200 installs, the roofers had split the panels into 2 strings, the SB installs where kept as one string. Nothing is mentioned in the manual about 2 strings have to be used, just don't want to have to spend more time in that loft than I have to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you calculate it? Look at the panel Voc, look at the dc input voltage and work it out, if the voltage of the panels is too high for the input, then split into two strings and make sure the current isnt too high then.

Reply to Mastervolt Inverters not starting up. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net