Discuss mastervolt xs4300 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sime27

-
Reaction score
Had a call today from a customer of ours saying his pv system was underpreforming.
Ok so i went round . System is 2xstrings 8 panels per string xs4300 inverter.
1st thing i did was check the dc voltage on the inverter it was displaying 105v dc 6.8amp and 800watts
So i thought somthings not right voltage should be way higher
So powered down unpluged mc4s and tested voltage at the mc4s for each string
I was getting 268v on both string
So i pluged it all back in and powered up this time i had my probes into
The loads side of 1 of the dc isolators which was still reading 268v
But as soon as the inverter kicked in it reduced to just over 100vdc both
On the inverter and the dc volt meter .
Anyone had anything like this before looks like a inverter fault to me
But want to be sure before i get a replacement unit

Last edited:
Thats what i told the customer on the phone .
But after testing a voc 268 per string which then drops to 100vdc when systems running dont seen right

Depends what the mppt voltage comes out at .... have you checked out the power curves on the panel data sheet..

Reply to mastervolt xs4300 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
I have 18 panels in 2 strings (37.8v open circuit voltage each) to be connected to a Fox H1 inverter. The manual says the below. Is the 600v open...
Replies
Views
At work we've got an 8 panel single string set up, going into a 3000w inverter via a double pole DC isolator. The AC goes supply > isolator >...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I have a solar 5kw system installed with a hybrid inverter (no batteries yet). My electrician decided to add an extension board for the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock