Discuss mates worried about not getting on a college course due to having a bad dt gcse in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Redandblue

my mate is worried about not getting on an electrical installation course at college because of a bad dt grade. i have told him it won't but he seems to think it will

Maths, physics & standard english were the important subjects when I first applied to college, this was back in 97 mind so it may be different now.

Dont think they'll give 2 shiney shytes about D&T though.

Maths, physics & standard english were the important subjects when I first applied to college, this was back in 97 mind so it may be different now.

Dont think they'll give 2 shiney shytes about D&T though.

I agree, DT has **** all to do with electrics. he said all they want are 3 C grades including english and maths so he should be fine

This is when your mate finds out that he should have stuck in remember its not about them putting him down it is more of the fact that they need to know he can complete the course plus thi is a guy who had to get 4 Scottish O-levels in 1975 to even get an interview to serve my time so nothing changes and Lenny is right if you are good at maths and resonable at English then good but if you are not then forget it plus tell your mate that he needs to get real as he may have to brush up on his maths because there is a lot of guys out there trying to do the same thing.

Another thing I could have left school at Christmas as I was 16 and there was 2 leaving dates in the year and my peer group in school slagged me off as being crazy to stay on for some lousy O levels but it is they who are driving the fork lift for Tesco not me not because I was lucky and they did not get a chance nope thats when Darwins law kicks in funny old world

I started my college in 2005 and all they were bothered about was Maths, English and Science and even then if your not quite at they grade they stick you on a key skills course.

I started my college in 2005 and all they were bothered about was Maths, English and Science and even then if your not quite at they grade they stick you on a key skills course.

That sums it up well. Its now Maths, English and ICT/IT whatever you want to call it. Any less than a C, then you are correct its Key skills for a week or 3.

Reply to mates worried about not getting on a college course due to having a bad dt gcse in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock