Discuss Mathematical Genius..... NOT. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

no self-respecting Scouser would nick a couple of Mars Bars. He'd get the lot and then rob the till and ATM.

John is filling a 100 gallon tank, using a 2 gallon bucket. He fills the bucket from a tap which takes 30 seconds, then he climbs the ladder and pours the bucket of water into the tank, which takes another 30 seconds for the climb and pour.
Q1: How long will it take John to fill the tank?
Q2: If Bob is hiding behind the tank and has opened the drain tap, and water is leaking out at the rate of 1 pint every 15 seconds, how long will it take John to fill the tank?
Q3: How long will it take John to fill the tank if he discovers Bob and spends 5 minutes beating the crap out of him, when the tank is half-full and the drain is still running until John has despatched Bob and turned it off?
Q4: How much time would John save if he starts from scratch, gets rid of Bob, shuts the drain tap and attaches a hose from the tap to the tank, with a flow rate of 15 litres per minute?
Q5: How bored is Pirate today?

It’s not all the youth I promise,I have 2 thirteen year olds who have been doing hexadecimal calculations......and laugh at me if I offer any help!....google it!
Mathematical Genius..... NOT. hex-multiplication-table - EletriciansForums.net

A hex calculator. It's used in computing code a lot. Not that I'm clued up on it, it's more for breaking down long sums to take less computing power for the same outcome. AI uses a load of it. Hence eventually beating the world's master at the world's hardest game. The Chinese game of 'go'.

World's best Go player flummoxed by Google’s ‘godlike’ AlphaGo AI

I still remember binary, hexademical and octan(?) counting back in high school.

My daughter downloaded a challenge world for Minecraft and a clue was a binary sum.
Had to explain to her how to do it.

Binary?
Ah, there's 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary, and those who don't
so my dad Blackbeard told me...
he worked in 8's though...
pieces of 8

shakespeare worked in binary.... to be or not to be.

View attachment 49974

A hex calculator. It's used in computing code a lot. Not that I'm clued up on it, it's more for breaking down long sums to take less computing power for the same outcome. AI uses a load of it. Hence eventually beating the world's master at the world's hardest game. The Chinese game of 'go'.

World's best Go player flummoxed by Google’s ‘godlike’ AlphaGo AI

HOUSE

Tuppence, Ha'pence Threepence, sixpence, that was the old way to call it pence even though in accounting it was d. for denares/denarius
Ha'p'ny, thre'p'ny bit and a tanner spring more to mind......giving you elevenpence ha'p'ny collectively...... if you include the two pennies for the bus fare.

Ha! if you think that's bad, try Thailand :)
I worked in Asia for eight years and once bought ten fasteners at 10 Baht each from a small shop. I was bemused to see the cashier get out the calculator, presumably to multiply ten by ten.
I overestimated her. The actual calculation done was 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10. I'm not making this up. I so wanted her to mis-key and charge me 90 Baht.
Yes, and I too grew up doing, in primary school, stuff like a shopper buys five apples at 7d each, how much change from a ten bob note? Then divide £122 7s & 8d between seven people, giving your answer to the nearest grain. Or something like that. :)
But did your "lady" friend steal your mobile and wallet?

Reply to Mathematical Genius..... NOT. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock