Discuss max demand for flats in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just double checking calcs if anyone bored!

So for a block of 3 flats with no gas services- all flats same. +communal stairs over 2 floors (LED light few small panel heaters)

Flat:
Kitchen Ring (32a) (32)
Ring (32a) (12.8)
Oven (20a) (13)
Hob (32a) (16.6)
Immersion (16a) (16)
Lights1 (6a) (3.9)
Lights2 (6a) (3.9)
Heating1 (20a) (2x Dimplex Monterey Panel Heater - 2000w) (15)
(Heating2 (20a)(2x Dimplex Monterey Panel Heater - 2000w) (15)
(heating3 (20a) ((2x Dimplex Monterey Panel Heater/towel rail - 1000w) (15)

Do I stick with 32+32+20+32+16+6+6+20+20+20 x0.4= 81.6amps

Advise a TPN 100a supply is needed- and stick a 4way Ryefield in with 3x 100a fuses (flats)+ 1x 60a (L/L)

OR
32+12.8+13+16.6+16+3.9+3.9+13.7+13.7+13.7=139.3!!!!!

my heads telling x 0.4 would be fine- but I know thats just the quick/lazy method
appreciate any advise

I get 101a per flat. That is
32a x 2 = 64
4x 20 = 80
2 x 6 = 12
+ 16
= 172x 40 % = 68.8 + 32 = 101a
But in reality would shave those figures down by applying diversity to cookers/heaters and so on. I would agree Ryefield 100a 3p+n dunno what the 60a is for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem right
No, and it probably is not. It is just calculating for a theoretical load supposing a person in the flat had hypothermia tendencies and kept tropical things like snakes, and likes to eat 14 times a day (including the boa, fatted calf!) with a full roast in the oven and on top who also has a morbid fear of the dark and hates anything but incandescent filament lamps so has all the lights on and who is constantly filthy so has to keep loads of hot water to keep cleaning them and their clothes, and loves hot towels, never mind about their partner.

m
No, and it probably is not. It is just calculating for a theoretical load supposing a person in the flat had hypothermia tendencies and kept tropical things like snakes, and likes to eat 14 times a day (including the boa, fatted calf!) with a full roast in the oven and on top who also has a morbid fear of the dark and hates anything but incandescent filament lamps so has all the lights on and who is constantly filthy so has to keep loads of hot water to keep cleaning them and their clothes, and loves hot towels, never mind about their partner.
my ears are burning

Perhaps PhotonicInduction wrote that part of the OSG ?

Are you running the immersion off economy 7?

Lights would be 1A max if Leds used...

Just goes to show how unrealistic the diversity calculations are

Reply to max demand for flats in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net