Discuss max measured earth loop impedance query in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Silo

Hi guys,
Im just filling in my first ever solo EIC when I check the onsite guide and gn3 for max permitted zs (tabulated) for bs60898 type b 32A the table shows 1.16ohms but to me it didnt ring a bell, checking bs7671 table 41.3 shows max zs to be 1.44.

Can anyone shed some light on why and which I should use as the tabulated value?

Regards,
Simon

the osg figures allow for resistance increase of cable when operating at a higher temperature. i.e.70deg. as opposed to the 20deg. that you are measuring at. as the sotr asks for the max. figure, i always use the bgb values. never yet seen a cable running at 70deg. under normal conditions except on some industrial applications.

i did 6 months 500ft. down the salt mine. it was a constant 10deg. summer and winter. working in tee shirt. best thing was... it never rained.

haha. took 45 minutes to get out to the van and back. deliberately left something behind as it was a perfect excuse to get out and have a smoke. boss got wise after a while and decreed that anything i was short of, i'd have to do without till break time. bugger.

You would think with a salt mine everything would be red rusty, not a bit of it, the air’s to dry.

Did you see the grave yard? All the machines taken down there, worked to death and then just dumped in a corner.

everything did go rusty. we were using 10 cans of wD40 a week, spraying tools.

Reply to max measured earth loop impedance query in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net