Discuss Max on a DB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

skystorm

Hi all
can some one remind me how do i work out the max power i can put on to a distribution board in a house and also in a factory
is it add all the RCD and divived it by 100ma on the house Thanks :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Max on a CB

be interesting seeing where this thread goes. think i'll keep an eye on this one !

Ok, diversity is as follows:

Lighting - 66% of total current demand for each circuit
Power - 100% of the first ring circuit + 40% of all other circuits
Cooker - 10A + 30% of remaing rated current + 5% if the CCU has a socket outlet
Shower - No diversity allowable
Instantaneous water heater - 100% of largest heater + 100% of second largest + 25% of of any others
Thermostatically controlled water heater - No diversity allowable
Underfloor heating - No diversity allowable

As a rule of thumb if you total all the circuit breakers (not RCD's) in the consumer unit and multiply by 0.4 you will come up with an rough total of max load.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, diversity is as follows:

As a rule of thumb if you total all the circuit breakers (not RCD's) in the consumer unit and multiply by 0.4 you will come up with an rough total of max load.

I've just worked out the Max CB (sic) :cool: on my own personal blackpool illuminations ( I have teenagers) & need 111Amps!:eek: ; No wonder I get letters of thanks from the chairman of E-on. lol

What do you put for smoke alarms. Cannot find what small load these would be.

And Emergency lighting with the 16W 2D bulbs, what are these with control gear

Cheers

Dave

daver in a house the smoke alarms are possibly of a lighting circuit or if they are wired alone the load is very small just checked my alarms 0.03a 30ma as its that low i wouldnt even factor it into the diversity calculation unless i had a huge amount 20+ sort of region.

As for the emergency lights I=p/v so 16 /230 =0.06 amps depends how many you have wwhether you calculate it in again either linked of lighting or seperate circuit.

Lenny if you have the "electrical installation design guide(grey iee handbook) look at page 28 for domestic installations.

Reply to Max on a DB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock