Discuss Max PSCC 1 phase and 3 Phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NZSPARK

Hi all.

Prospective Short Circut Curret.

Now , if you measure the impedance on a installation P to N , and get a reading of 0.21 OHMS , the max current flow between these two points P and N will be 230/0.21 = 1095A.....1KA.

Now if you have 3 phases , and each are the same impedance P to N , the the max will be 1095A per phase , correct?

Now , if all 3 phases are shorted together , will this value still be the same , ie 1095 will flow from each phase , as the phases are 120 deg out of phase , will some of the current flowing from each phase , be actually some of the other , but the max will be 1095 through the MCB?

Say for instance a P to P fault with a 0.21 Impedance from each Phase to N.

Would 1095A flow from each phase , say in a RED to WHITE fault , 1095A would flow , BUT 1/2 the current that flowing in red is actullay some of whites , and in white its some of reds? ...

The same prinpical as normal operating current of a 3 phase motor?

Please Help!

Craig.

so...you can do:

Zpe...this is whats refered to as a Ze

Zpn...this is the short circuit impedence between each phase and neutral

Zpp...this is the short circuit between any two phases

so...you can do:

Zpe...this is whats refered to as a Ze

Zpn...this is the short circuit impedence between each phase and neutral

Zpp...this is the short circuit between any two phases

Ok , but if the Impedance Phase to neutral is 0.21 , the phase to phase should be 0.42...../ almost doubble the Voltage , so the PSC will be roughly the same?

Reply to Max PSCC 1 phase and 3 Phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, From what I understand, working out the design current - Ib for single phase is quite easy (max appliance power/voltage). For three...
Replies
Views
So, the actual job is on a farm. I think I'll keep things simple at the moment and just ask about voltage drop. I'll come on to earthing and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping this is in the correct forum. To start, I acquired a film processing machine that runs on 3 phase. Now before getting the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock