Discuss Max ZS allowed on NICEIC cert seems wrong? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

if your work is up to standard it's not a problem
And therein lies the problem. The various operators do not care about the standard of installs. They care about the cheques clearing, that has been proven time after time after time. The NIC themselves could not give the parliamentary enquiry figures when asked how many people had failed assessments in the last year. They couldn't give numbers when asked how many they'd kicked out for shoddy workmanship

Is that so ?, then if that's the case why the up and coming reg in AMD3 wrt consumer units ?
I'll tell you why... because now all fires are more accurately reported to the home office about their exact cause. General numbers of electrical fires are down but a high percentage of fires caused by electrical installations begin and spread from plastic consumer units.

Because you need to notify. I love how people call it a scam. It's regulated and safer.

So phone building control and speak to them if the job needs notifying!

It is not regulated or in any way safer! They let any idiot in to their clubs as long as they can pay their subscription.
I was with ELECSA for one year, the assessment was a joke, the bloke missed the deliberate mistakes I had left in the installation and refused to accept regulations which I showed him in the book in favour of his opinion of what should be done.

Have you never tried to report dangerous and substandard work by a scheme member to their scheme? I have, they don't want to know and will not do anything about it.

Because you need to notify. I love how people call it a scam. It's regulated and safer.
What does notifying do for you, the homeowner or electrical safety in general? Does it make your installation safer?
People call it a scam because the scheme operators bleat on about upholding standards yet will badge up anything with a pulse, a cheque book and a few other odds and sods.
It's regulated and safer? How many people have been stripped of membership for shoddy workmanship?
If you honestly believe that about regulation and safety then I have some snake oil to sell. I'll let you into a secret, the streets of London are paved with gold and the moon really is made of cheese.

The CPS operators and their vested interests are the reason why we are now looking at the farcical issuance of the regulation for "non combustible CUs".
The CPS operators and their vested interests are the reason we have armies of under trained, under qualified monkeys masquerading as electricians causing CU fires in the first place.
The CPS operators and their vested interests are responsible for forcing these under qualified, under trained monkeys on an unsuspecting public who are sold the lie that anyone with a badge is up to standard and anyone who has not is a cowboy.
Part P is a bad joke. Had it been your or my child who got a belt (perish the thought) then it would never have happened, it was rushed through as a knee jerk reaction to an MPs daughter being on the receiving end of a fistfull of current following some dodgy DIY. Please explain how Part P has made the industry better because I, and thousands of other electricians up and down the country can't see it.
Sorry but you obviously are making this up and not speaking from experience. I however am and a far larger proportion of these fires originated from uncertified work carried out by non registered people.

I'll tell you why... because now all fires are more accurately reported to the home office about their exact cause. General numbers of electrical fires are down but a high percentage of fires caused by electrical installations begin and spread from plastic consumer units.

which fires are caused by poor installation methods, mainly due to a lack of training, by so called electricians who are welcomed with open arms by these scams, who's main driving force is the mighty ÂŁ. now they think that making them use torque drivers , the problem will be solved. purse and sow's ear springs to my mind.

Sure some Cowboys can slip through the net but on the whole the regulation has brought about a reduction in poor installs mainly by the fact that even if someone has done a short inadequate course then passed a test and got registered they are better than Mr DIY with no experience.

building control accept this as notification ?

The area's I have worked have and when Drawings are submitted to for passing of Building Regulations. The box is Ticked for a Competent Person doing the Electrical work and Building Control accept me as being Competent and there is a box to tick for the Part P scheme.

You need to talk to them as well that's what I done, spoke to head of department. That's who I see about the fire regs with loft conversions and fitting a system so the doors don't need to be fire rated.

B@llocks, it is because London Fire Brigade highlighted a larger number of poor workmanship/ incorrect terminations in domestic installs by inexperienced people, but as the scam providers wanted to maintain the status quo (anyone whose cheque clears) they bribed or convinced the IET to treat the symptoms rather than the root cause, and we all ended up with a halfarsed reg as a consequence.

Customer I have picked had an extension wired by a non registered electrician so it had not been registered for part p
The LBA would not sign it off without part p so they sent there own testing engineer (sub contractor) and charged ÂŁ300 to test 2 circuits
now if that's the general charge then surely it's best to register to provide a better service to the customer
2 or 3 jobs and the cost to register is cheaper than LBA charges

Sorry but you obviously are making this up and not speaking from experience. I however am and a far larger proportion of these fires originated from uncertified work carried out by non registered people.
Mate, I'm 52 years old. I've been doing this since I was 16, I'm properly qualified and have experience in a wide variety of the many aspects of this trade. I have never had one of my CU installations catch fire.
Now are you seriously telling me that because I am not CPS registered I am somehow incompetent?
CUs catch fire for one reason and one reason only. Poor termination of cables.
Now who is more likely to terminate a cable poorly, someone who was stacking shelves in Tesco a few weeks back and has passed some silly open book exam? Or me, an apprenticeship trained, properly qualified electrician with over 30 years of experience under his belt?

Customer I have picked had an extension wired by a non registered electrician so it had not been registered for part p
The LBA would not sign it off without part p so they sent there own testing engineer (sub contractor) and charged ÂŁ300 to test 2 circuits
now if that's the general charge then surely it's best to register to provide a better service to the customer
2 or 3 jobs and the cost to register is cheaper than LBA charges

Sooner stick pins in my eyes than have people feed off my back.

Reply to Max ZS allowed on NICEIC cert seems wrong? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net