Discuss Max zs readings for TT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There is no requirement for Zs to be of a value to operate the OCPD within the required time in the event of a fault to earth. The preferred means of earth fault protection on a TT is an RCD (411.5.2) and the maximum Zs value will be in accordance with table 41.5. (411.5.3).
The maximum value whether you like it or not is 1667 ohms for a 30ma RCD and that is the value to be recorded on a cert for a 30ma RCD.

In this insta
No you didn't.
By the way, have you found that reg number for the other thread yet?

No I haven't.

In a TT an RCD would be used for fault protection so would therefor be the OCPD. As such the maximum Zs for the rated RCD would come into effect.

As I said - this is what I said.....

In this insta

No I haven't.

In a TT an RCD would be used for fault protection so would therefor be the OCPD. As such the maximum Zs for the rated RCD would come into effect.

As I said - this is what I said.....
An RCD isn't an overcurrent protective device.

I just voted for the Brexit Party so removed the EN.
You would also need to use a different number then as 61009 is still the harmonised Standard. And I voted to leave the EU in the referendum too.

Hi just wondering what people are noting as there max permitted zs reading on test results sheet for TT systems? 200ohms or 1667ohms?
In Malta we have an upper limit of 50Ω (RA). TT is by and large the most commonly found earthing system here. It is that low because there is a high probability of it increasing as most of the ground is some form of limestone.

Reply to Max zs readings for TT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock