Discuss Maximum Current Capacity in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How much current capacity can handle in a 16 sq. Mm. Wire size in ac 415 volt supply?
Because i have 2 pump motors that will connect to a power source of 415 volts ac 3 phase; 1 motor is 5.5kilowatts and another one is 7.5kilowatts. Both motors will run intermittently and supplying different tanks.
If this motor runs together will the wire handle the combined currents?

What type of wire is it?
What installation method is being used?
What are all the other de-rating factors that will affect the cable?

16mm seems way over the top for that load. it's only around 20A per phase.

How much current capacity can handle in a 16 sq. Mm. Wire size in ac 415 volt supply?
Because i have 2 pump motors that will connect to a power source of 415 volts ac 3 phase; 1 motor is 5.5kilowatts and another one is 7.5kilowatts. Both motors will run intermittently and supplying different tanks.
If this motor runs together will the wire handle the combined currents?
I am mortified, if you need to ask this IMO very basic question then you should be nowhere near this job, I mean come on, seriously???

Reply to Maximum Current Capacity in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the electricity supply and the maximum demand. One energy utility supplies an 18 kVA maximum...
Replies
Views
So earlier this year I obtained a large machine with a couple of 3 phase motors in it, and the rest single phase. I bought a VFD, correctly wired...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, go easy on me please, I've just returned to the trade, well I am about to, I received my Gold Card last Thursday. I've been gen'ing up for a...
Replies
Views
I live in Thailand and my home has 240v, 3 phase power supply. I want to add an electric car charger but first want to determine what the outlet...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock