Discuss Maximum Current Draw in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at buying 2 NEC PA653UL projectors to stack them to create 1 projection image, but when looking at the input current specification I am in doubt if this is going to work. The input current specification states that it can draw from 4.5A to 10.2A, which seems unnaturally high. The maximum wattage is 672W and Voltage goes from 100 to 240V.

1. Now I would like to know if this 10.2A is accurate because it seems too high?

2. If the 10.2A is not correct how can I know what the required current is because I'm also looking at the Epson EB-L615U which maximum power usage is like 350W and then I will rather take that one but the problem is that Epson does not give its current requirements?

(I am from South Africa so the Voltage that the projector will run on is 230V)

I've attached the spec sheet of this projector but others are available online.

Thank you!

Attachments

• projector_spec_10006.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Agree with the above. The highest current (10.2A) will apply at the lowest voltage (100V.) At 240V the current should never exceed 4.5A and may be significantly less during normal operation (e.g. the 4.5A may only be reached for a moment during start-up).

Agree with the above.

I don't know your plans for "stacking" but take care that you maintain adequate cooling and don't have one blowing hot air in to the intake of the other!

Will do so...thanks for the advice!
Agree with the above.

I don't know your plans for "stacking" but take care that you maintain adequate cooling and don't have one blowing hot air in to the intake of the other!
[automerge]1590269243[/automerge]
I see...Thank you for clearing that up! I appreciate it.
[automerge]1590269275[/automerge]
Thank you!

Reply to Maximum Current Draw in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock