Discuss maximum demand 2011 for nic eic inspections in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys
with my yearly inspection comming up i have a job where ive installed a cooker circuit.
15 way cpn split c/u is the existing db in the house (small three bed only).
it has 6 ring circuits 2 radials and 6 lighting circuits. (because it was 2 flats previously)
my question is this..............
do i need to work out max demand as in osg ?
as far as i can tell the figure means nothing in real terms..my c/u has already got more demand than 100A if i use osg and ive now added another 32A circuit..
to make the customer pay for me to totaly survey his house to find all outlets/lighting points ect could take a whole day on top of his half day to the new install.

what will the nic say when i show them an estimated number??

all replies will be much appeciated

ta vitoboy

Reg 311.1 maximum demand should be assessed, diversity mat be taken into account.

The house will never have every circuit on at full load at the same time?

The good book states: "The use of other methods of determining maximum demand is not precluded where specified by a competent person"

This translated means that you as designer are not limited to the rigid factors as per the On-Site Guide etc. Your knowledge of the installation and it's use will probably enable you to work out a far more accurate figure based on what you have seen.

I can tell you from experience and load monitor/power quality tests that we carry out, stated maximum demand figures are normally way in excess of what small installations actually measure out at.

Also, don't forget that all maximum demand figures are 'estimates' and the NICEIC are perfectly aware of this.

ta IQ
WILL HAVE A LOOK AND SEE IF I CAN FIND THE COMPETENT PERSONS MAY USE OTHER METHODS.
I WAS JUST INTERESTED IN THE NIC INSPECTORS OPINIONS.
ON MY INITAL ASSESMENT HE JUST IGNORED IT.
NICE TO KNOW RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE BEFORE ASSESMENT DAY.

Reply to maximum demand 2011 for nic eic inspections in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net