Discuss maximum demand and diversity in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hossamozi

I Have a question?
I want understand How can i apply the diversity factors and calculate the maximum demand on
1-one flat to get the feeder
2-set of flats to get riser
3-set of building to get transformer

(if there is an example please attach it )

thanks in advance :)

please i need your advice i know the diversity but i cant apply it
for lighting 66% but on the MCB rating or on the actual current
and the microwave ,washing machine,and dishwasher we put it on normal socket or on power socket and what the diveristy applied in normal socket ,normal socket circuit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey.

Ok, diversity is as follows:

Lighting - 66% of total current demand for each circuit
Power - 100% of the first ring circuit + 40% of all other circuits
Cooker - 10A + 30% of remaing rated current + 5% if the CCU has a socket outlet
Shower - No diversity allowable
Instantaneous water heater - 100% of largest heater + 100% of second largest + 25% of of any others
Thermostatically controlled water heater - No diversity allowable
Underfloor heating - No diversity allowable

I think thats about it. Obviously you would do this for each flat and this will give you a rough building total to work out feeder sizes/protective device ratings etc.

Hope this helps.

thank you very match

Hey.

Ok, diversity is as follows:

Lighting - 66% of total current demand for each circuit
Power - 100% of the first ring circuit + 40% of all other circuits
Cooker - 10A + 30% of remaing rated current + 5% if the CCU has a socket outlet
Shower - No diversity allowable
Instantaneous water heater - 100% of largest heater + 100% of second largest + 25% of of any others
Thermostatically controlled water heater - No diversity allowable
Underfloor heating - No diversity allowable

I think thats about it. Obviously you would do this for each flat and this will give you a rough building total to work out feeder sizes/protective device ratings etc.

Hope this helps.

thank you very match

to determine the design current of normal socket circuit we apply diversity( 100%largest socket +40%reminder) &what the number of socket on the circuit ?
for example
assume we use 10 socket\circuit and the rating of the socket 16A
so the design current of socket is 16A and the design current of the circuit 16+9*0.4*16=73.6 if this wrong please tell me the correct answer

Am I being silly here? Where does the 16A socket rating come from?

Am I being silly here? Where does the 16A socket rating come from?

I think he probably meant the MCB rating for the radial circuit - but wasn't sure. Might have been a fixed load at a double socket as it sounded as if he was doing a theory question.

I am trying to calculate the maximum demand for a domestic property which has got 7 showers in it. Do I ad in each shower being used at 100%??

7 showers wow! I would think that some discussion with the owner is appropriate to ascertain if there will be occasions when they all could be being used or if it will never happen.EG a bed and breakfast and you would have to just add them up.

7 showers wow! I would think that some discussion with the owner is appropriate to ascertain if there will be occasions when they all could be being used or if it will never happen.EG a bed and breakfast and you would have to just add them up.

It's a supported housing property, they will never be on all the time.

Now i'm confused! Is it the 1st socket rating(13a) on a ring and then 40% of all the other sockets on that ring(13- 60% = 5.2?) or 32A fuse minus a rule of thumb 40% diversity per ring?

hi looking for help, not best at working out answer would be much appreciated. Applying diversity to this circuit one 5.5kw 3 phase induction motor for gas hot air ducting system having power factor 0.75. efficiency 90 %

Reply to maximum demand and diversity in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock