Discuss maximum demand in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

paddyscouse

guys need a little advice

i am asked to supply a new lighting circuit to a small comercial property the property is supplyed by a single phase /100 amp main fuse/ this runs to a small 4 way fuse board with x 4, 40 amp fuses in wich in turn supplys 4 loads ,1x 40 amp load 1x 40 amp load 1 x cu with a number of mcb 1x cu more mcb, the question is if i want to work out the maximum demand for this suply am i correct in calculating the x 4 40s were the main suply funs to ie =after doing the calc 88amps ? as oposed to working out the cu in a domestic prop witch would be way over ?? take it easy guys am fairly new

I'm always gentle Paddy ...........................I'm a little confused with what your trying to achieve.

If your trying to work out the maximum demand for certification such as an EIC, then personally I would put 100amp which is the size of the main fuse as per you.

If your trying to find the maximum demand or diversity because your adding to the installation then unfortunately though there is guidance in the OSG, it really does not cover commercial/industrial very well as there really is a multitude of things in these types of installation you have to factor in.

If you come back on can you be more specific in what your trying to achieve

Reply to maximum demand in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock