Discuss Maximum load for shaver socket in bathroom? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

linuxthefish

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi, what's the maximum load I can run from a shaver socket in a bathroom? Can I run speakers in the bathroom from this point?

If that load is maximum, can I put extension cable into the bathroom and how long does it need to be away from the shower?

Are you looking to plug them into the shaver point or to steal power from the supply going to the shaver point? Either way I don't like the idea. Can't you run the speaker supply and wiring in the ceiling above the bathroom?

Shaver points are usually marked Shavers Only. Although I do run my toothbrush off mine. Not speakers though! A new one on me.

Just plugging speakers into it to use inside the bathroom, It's currently over the sink so that could be a bit of an issue?

http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/RWxKsLy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just plugging speakers into it to use inside the bathroom, It's currently over the sink so that could be a bit of an issue?

Attachments

• RWxKsLy.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 24
I don't think that there is any safe advice to be given here due to the special location etc etc.

Thread closed

I can`t make my mind up if this is a serious question or just trolling?

If it is serious all I can say to your question is that the current arrangement you currently have is certainly not acceptable. and as for running an extension lead into a bathroom???? There are good reasons why electrics plugged into extension leads and bathrooms don`t mix so in all seriousness do not run an extension lead into the bathroom.

Reply to Maximum load for shaver socket in bathroom? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net