Discuss Maytag CWE8700ACB installation question? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I recently purchased an old Maytag CWE7800ACB double wall oven from Habitat For Humanity, it's a 240V hardwired oven connection. Is it possible to use an existing 240V circuit that used to be an electric dryer connection? For reference, this house was built in 1927 so the existing 240V circuit is wired with a hot, a neutral as a hot and a ground. The oven seems to have two hots, a neutral, and a ground. Will this work or will I need to do a re-wire of the existing 240V circuit?

all depends on the power consumption of the oven, and the size of the cable and breaker supplying it. the 2 hots are porbably for running off 2 phases, in which case you may have to link them. best call a local sparks who will be familiar with US regs. and can advise. better spend a few bucks than burn the house down.

I recently purchased an old Maytag CWE7800ACB double wall oven from Habitat For Humanity, it's a 240V hardwired oven connection. Is it possible to use an existing 240V circuit that used to be an electric dryer connection? For reference, this house was built in 1927 so the existing 240V circuit is wired with a hot, a neutral as a hot and a ground. The oven seems to have two hots, a neutral, and a ground. Will this work or will I need to do a re-wire of the existing 240V circuit?
Jriverajr welcome to the forum and yes you need to install a 4 wire cable which will have 2 hots, 1 neutral and 1 ground wire. The neutral is for the knobs which turns on the burners and possibly power a clock and timer. Good luck with your project

Reply to Maytag CWE8700ACB installation question? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an existing but unused 50A disconnect on the side of the house. It had been connected to an AC unit that got replaced. It has just 3...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
Replaced our old 240v hot tub with a new one, which also uses 240v for motors, heater, etc, and 120v for low amp LEDs and touch screen control...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new construction single-family residence, I know with the 2020 NEC they require an emergency disconnect on the exterior of the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, need some advice, please... this is probably a dumb question but hey, want to make sure.... I am going to replace an electric cooktop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock