Discuss MCB/RCBO screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

IAmSparkytus!

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

I once had a CK screwdriver which was specifically designed for the terminals of an MCB and RCBO. I think it may have been called a power-drive but can't seem to see anything online.

Does anyone know the type I'm talking about and have any idea where I can get one online?

Thanks.

bahco do them also. most wholesalers stock one or the other. even niceic will sell you one.

One way to do it:

and

a bit off topic, but today i was on a job and found the N tail in hagar main switch loose. fairly recent dual RCD board. neither pozi., +/-. even impact driver would get the bloody cage to grip the cable. before even biting on the cable it was locked solid. luckily had a replacement on van. ( different make but lined up perfect. sourcing a hagar would leave customer without leccy till monday, so sod 18th. ?.).

Does everyone have one of these for terminating fuse boards or do you all prefer the electric torque drivers?
I was lucky enough to win one of these a while back which comes with the slotted/PZ driver...

71Ol9FbLhzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Prefer it to my torque driver now, using the perfectly calibrated torque driver between my ears...

I've got the Facom terminal screwdrivers, both Pozi/slotted and Philips/slotted but I don't use them that often. I don't find much advantage in terms of cam-out or maximum torque, compared to any other well made tip that fits the terminal screw correctly.

A couple of brands call them Borneo drivers which I assume is a play on the french for terminal. I get a sense of them being a solution for a non-existent problem. OTOH the traditional Steadfast terminal driver is a universal solution that fits almost every screw on the planet.

I don't know....
You wait 12 years for a thread on +/- screwdrivers...
Then you get 2 at once!
This one started in 2009, just got answered!!!

Decided against an electric torque screwdriver and have went for a new set of Klein drivers and ill look at buying the Klein SL/PZ2 driver to match.

Risky though when I've never held a Klein screwdriver before, might find i dont like them!

Anybody use them? I think they look like a decent driver.

Reply to MCB/RCBO screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net