Discuss Mcb,s,rcbos,etc mounted in an enclosure. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hertzal

Further to an earlier post,where I suggested using a din rail enclosure to make up a 2 phase board,in the event of a serious fault with that board,
am I right in thinking that the manufacturers of the mcb,s would void the warranty,since they were not fitted in a type tested dis board or consumer unit?
Thanx for any opinions,
HZ

No.
With type tested boards (although they have a new name for them now), the whole assembly is rated higher than the individual componants.
With a 'self assembly' board the rating would be to the lowest rated component.

Reply to Mcb,s,rcbos,etc mounted in an enclosure. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Doing one more of the flood of EICR today on a rented property before a tenant change, but ran into a slightly interesting case so would...
Replies
Views
Someone asked about abbreviations used here. So I tried to copy a list I made elsewhere: A/C Air Conditioning AC Alternating Current ACB...
Replies
Views
Hi, Before I begin my tale of woe, I have my tin hat ready! I'm retired from the trade, I started out just as the 16th came in and had a rather...
Replies
Views
I
Hi, My central heating wiring centre (Honeywell S Plan) is hanging off a 13a plug in the garage which is plugged into a double gang socket with...
Replies
Views
So I know this has been done to near death and different electricians have different ways/opinions on how to test an RCD. I was originally taught...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock